Friday, May 17, 2013

He's leaving : ( I need Ideas...

So my soldier is leaving soon for 75 days...ugh 75 days...anyway. I wanted to do something for him. I need some ideas. You see when he leaves even if its for his 4 days out of the month training he does things to show me that he is thinking about me. The last thing he did before he left for a week was write on our bathroom mirror " I love you" with a washable marker. You know what was crazy was that I didn't see it right away until the third day. But guess what, I had just had a dream where I woke up and he was next to me then I woke up and he wasn't. I went into the bathroom took a shower came out and saw that. Made my entire day nothing could have turned my day around after that. Its little things even little jokes. One time he took out cereal from MY cereal box and switched it with his a more less tasteful one I went to pour the cereal in a bowl and out came his cereal. I wasn't mad I was crying of joy, couldn't stop laughing. He got me, he took the time to play that little joke on me knowing I don't always eat cereal and that I will notice later rather than sooner (weird to put it this way huh?). That is how he is and that is how WE became.

He tells me he doesn't like to call because its hard for him, it isn't that he doesn't want to talk to me its just harder for him to be able to focus on what he needs to focus on. So I was thinking maybe I can write him a daily journal of what happened on my day, what I dreamt about, what I ate, how I missed him like crazy. Maybe even weekly video blogs/journals. When he comes home he can see that I was thinking about him the entire time he was gone. He will see that my day isn't a good day without him in it and every day he will be in it even though he is gone. (confusing??) you know what I mean.

So I also plan to blog daily about whatever jokes or songs he sends me..when he has the chance to.
What do you think will this daily journal be a sweet idea?

Thank you,
Melissa The Soldierette.

3 comments:

  1. I think your idea is sweet :) You could also put a letter on his backpack that he could find later on.

    And the daily blogging would be awesome, bring it on! I will be reading you for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right...I will def. do that. Glad you will be following me as I will you.. I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal idea is a wonderful idea! Me getting to the end of Aaron's time in the Army is exactly the reason that I started my blog! :) You can make it!

    ReplyDelete